Monday, April 9, 2018

Introducing Me

     Hello! I am currently a freshmen student at Delta College in the honors program, taking the Honors Colloquy course. I plan on transferring to study biomedical engineering and become a prosthetic engineer. Throughout this semester we have explored both critical and creative thinking, and applied these two concepts to subjects that we have chosen. I am taking Honors Colloquy to fulfill the requirement to earn Delta's Honors Certificate and Honors President's Award. 
     My whole semester has revolved around convicted criminals and the consequences and lives of these convicts. When the opportunity to explore this subject presented itself to me through a series of assignments within this class, I took full advantage of it. Within the past year of my life, I have held relationships with those dealing with the consequences of prison life and wanted to explore it further.    
     My Project One, or project that dealt with deeper critical thinking, dealt with the consequences and was a self-exploration project for myself. I focused on highlighting aspects of convicted felons that many people in our society do not realize and strived to explain these to my reader. My Project Two, or project on creative thinking, is focusing on the choices that these "criminals" made, and the paths that led them to where they are. This blog is here to express my findings to the public, and help myself better organize my thoughts and understand my learning throughout the semester. I hope you enjoy and find something useful for you to use in your every day life! My purpose is to hopefully create a deeper level of thinking for everyone and encourage them to explore convict life and prison reform on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

My Project Two took a much different direction than I thought it would. I started by researching the stories of each of the characters I cho...