Monday, April 9, 2018

The Beginnings...

My whole thought process this semester began with our first assignment: Journal 1.
The goal for this journal was to first explain what we expected out of this semester. Colloquy is a Delta specific course, and there isn't really a course curriculum that defines it. From the beginning, our professor told us that we as students are the ones who will determine what Honors Colloquy really is. I wrote this assignment after our first class period, in which our professor told us to define critical thinking, and left the room. This was a challenging task for a room full of strangers, but it ultimately set the mood for the semester. Here are my initial thoughts of the class written in my Journal 1:


My first impression of this class could probably be summed up simply by using the word confusion. I’m not sure what to expect out of this class. It makes me feel somewhat uneasy or nervous that there isn’t a set subject or curriculum that this course falls into. I have a feeling I am going to finish this semester still not knowing what kind of class I just took.                                                                                                                                                           
I found it interesting working so closely with my classmates so soon. Despite none of us knowing each other, not only did we work in small pairs, but we worked cooperatively as a whole. I enjoyed working like this because you got to see the personalities of people in the room very quickly. There are a few who have very strong opinions and voice them loudly, while there are others who are extremely observant and aware of what is going on but won’t speak their mind unless they are directly asked.                                        

Getting to know my peers in this type of setting was interesting because not only did we have to get to know one another a little bit, we had to accomplish a goal, and within that goal we had to make sure everyone was satisfied. This meant dealing with one or two little disagreements and working through them the best we could. Certain people got their way and others had to sacrifice but in the end, we were all at a unanimous agreement. I feel like this class will be very laidback and personal. Getting to know my classmates will probably play a big role in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

My Project Two took a much different direction than I thought it would. I started by researching the stories of each of the characters I cho...